Highlighted

How do I use font created on Adobe Stock as a jpeg?

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I'll start this with 'I'm a novice' ... so apologies!

I'm trying to create some things for my son's Indiana Jones party in Illustrator - just labels and basic stuff. I went on to Adobe Stock to try and find the font and purchased something which turned out to be jpeg image of the alphabet writtent in the Indiana Jones style font. I naively thought it would just be a font I could install.  Could someone advise what I can do with the jpeg to allow me to use the font?

Thanks and apologies if this is a dumb question.

Regards

Rachael

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by tromboniator | Adobe Community Professional

A search for Indiana Jones font will yield a bunch of fonts similar to the poster lettering that are free for personal use. Use at your own risk, of course; not usually a problem, but be aware. Obviously this would not make use of your purchased letters, but is an alternative. Have fun!

Peter

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How do I use font created on Adobe Stock as a jpeg?

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I'll start this with 'I'm a novice' ... so apologies!

I'm trying to create some things for my son's Indiana Jones party in Illustrator - just labels and basic stuff. I went on to Adobe Stock to try and find the font and purchased something which turned out to be jpeg image of the alphabet writtent in the Indiana Jones style font. I naively thought it would just be a font I could install.  Could someone advise what I can do with the jpeg to allow me to use the font?

Thanks and apologies if this is a dumb question.

Regards

Rachael

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by tromboniator | Adobe Community Professional

A search for Indiana Jones font will yield a bunch of fonts similar to the poster lettering that are free for personal use. Use at your own risk, of course; not usually a problem, but be aware. Obviously this would not make use of your purchased letters, but is an alternative. Have fun!

Peter

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 21, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please give us the link to that file or its number?

There are no fonts on Adobe Stock. The only place to find fonts in Adobe's Cloud services is Adobe Fonts. So maybe the graphics can be made into a font. But maybe you can just move the shapes around. In the worst case it's really just a JPEG and you can basically make nothing with it.

You could check out if you can find something on dafont or maybe Fontsquirrel.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 21, 2020 0
Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that what you bought may have been called a font, but was actaully just art of all the letters. All you can do with it is trim and individually place the letters you need. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 21, 2020 0
Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid a JPEG is not something that can be turned into a font.

Can you link to the stock image? Perhaps there was also an AI file option that you may be able to use.

The caveat is that nothing available through Adobe Stock is a font; using it would mean painstakingly copying the letters and placing them as needed, provided the file contained a whole alphabet.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 21, 2020 0
Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 21, 2020 0