How Do I Use the Brush in Illustrator? Trying to draw / fill in a logo

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

outline question.png

CNI Icon.png

Hello Community,

This is my first post so I apologize if my title is not accurate to what needs to be done. I have this SVG icon that I downloaded and I am trying to add it to our logo. I used the paintbrush/paint bucket in Photoshop and filled it in with the color scheme I am trying to do, however of course it ends up being very grainy around the edges and so that's why I moved to Illustrator, sadly I am not as well versed in this software so I am sort of stuck.

Can someone guide me to the tools I need to use to get this as my end result in AI? Thank you!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Basically, this can be done with different tools. Using Illustrator's Live Paint is one of them. Using the Shape Builder tool is another one. And there are other ways as well.

Which version of Illustrator are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

I agree, Live Paint would be the perfect way to fill this in. Here is a little more about using Live Paint: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/live-paint-groups.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basically, this can be done with different tools. Using Illustrator's Live Paint is one of them. Using the Shape Builder tool is another one. And there are other ways as well.

Which version of Illustrator are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Illustrator 2020 currently installed! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, with that version you have access to the ways I mentioned above.

As per your screenshot you may pay attention to the so-called Gap Detection that can be set and modified in the Live Paint options and in the Shape Builder options as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, noted, thank you so much! I really appreciate  the help 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree, Live Paint would be the perfect way to fill this in. Here is a little more about using Live Paint: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/live-paint-groups.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines