• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you blur out one end of an object more than the other end?

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am busy creating shadows for a 3d glass box that I am working on. I want to create the shadows that the pillars make on the ground however, I seem to be having trouble trying to figure out how to blur one end of the shadow more than the other end. My shadow is a vector shape that I have drawn with the pen tool. I do not want to blur the whole shape evenly, I want to blur one end more than the other end. Kindly see my screenshot below. Any help would be appreciated.

Screenshot 2021-03-03 132003.jpg

 

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Draw the shadow with a freeform gradient or a gradient mesh.

Or try applying an envelope after applying the blur.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What about to draw the forms in Illustrator and then copy/paste them and blur in Potoshop? There you will have smart filters or Blur Gallery which allow you to control the blurriness much more free and precise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines