• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you move the perspective grid?

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to move my grid from one artboard to another, but I'm not sure how to do it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Hi, Julia,

As far as I have been able to determine so far, you must choose the Perspective Grid Tool, then click and drag on one end of the Ground Level line, as shown here:

tromboniator_0-1614155917270.png

and drag the grid into another artboard.  If you will be working back and forth between artboards, set guides to mark strategic points so you may reset the grid to its original position.

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Julia,

As far as I have been able to determine so far, you must choose the Perspective Grid Tool, then click and drag on one end of the Ground Level line, as shown here:

tromboniator_0-1614155917270.png

and drag the grid into another artboard.  If you will be working back and forth between artboards, set guides to mark strategic points so you may reset the grid to its original position.

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oooof, may I request that you all allow users to have a perspective grid on every artboard? It's cumbersome to drag it around and creates many errors on the go. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please report feature requests to https://illustrator.uservoice.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the scope is to have more than one perspective drawings in one file: don't do it or you will risk the first perspective objects losing their association with perspective.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines