I have a AI file with 36 graphichs on ONE layer, I want to separate save into 36 single SVG files.
1. choosed released to layers (build) from LAYERS WINDOWS
2. now have 36 sub-layers (as pictures)
Now, how I can save these 36 sub-layers into 36 different SVG files ?
I tried MultpleExporter Script from gibhub but it CANNOT export sub-layers.
Anyone have ideas to help me on this topic ?
Copy link to clipboard
Select the first sublayer, hold down the Shift key and click the last sublayer.
Drag all the sublayers above the toplayer and delete the empty layer.
Thanks very much, works like a charm!!!
Good to hear that helped.
this doesn´t work for me :(((
when i drag the sublayers above the layer, then apper a bloqued symbol
can you help me?
Have you found a solution to this? I am currently trying to accomplish the same goal as you are.
I noticed that you have the layer titled : nyt_exporter_info.
I assume you attempted the method found in this youtube video as well : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9MX2moFX4A
Thanks very much, will try this option see if faster, thanks
Is there a method to include relative position using "export for screens"? I'm using 2018 verison of Illustrator, so I am not sure if this is inlcuded as a function for Illustrator 2021
When exporting, the image dimension is cropped/ minized to only show the asset/icon. I know this is useful and handy in other situtations and is especially true for UI/UE design.
But for someone that is lazy like me. Is it possible to export the sub-layer image with a preset dimension or retain location in artboard?
Did you find an answer to this by chance?
I would also like to export the sublayers as individual files using the size of the artboard for each one and not the size of the object itself.
Unfortunately I have not found any answers to this.
But today, as I was going back through this thread. I thought, "what if you group assest with a invisible square/rectangle with preset dimension. In that case, would it make it so you export the icon but with fixed relative position"
So I went into illustrator and did exactly that. It solved the issue. But this work-around will eventually increase file-size by a lot. Also would mean for EACH asset, you have to produce a respective frame, therefore increasing time spent on the project. So I dont know how effective this method is.
For small projects, this is probably very effective.