• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How is this texture created?

New Here ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really liked this subtle texture, and I was wondering how it was created. Most of the textures that I create tend to be quite harsh on darker coloured backgrounds. 
Does anyone have any ideas?

il_1588xN.2303985877_aiuy copy.jpg

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would probably do it in Photoshop, using a textured raster image as a mask and brushing it in/out a bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One could place a pixel image in Illustrator (white noise on black) and set it to Blend Mode »Screen« but as @Doug A Roberts  already mentioned it might be more convenient to do in Phooshop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply, I'll try this but also ask the question in the Photoshop forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How are you currently creating them? Are you using opacity masks? If you create textures often, you might want to look into AstuteGraphics plug-ins. Texturino specifically would be great for you and you can try it out for 14 days free. I have no affiliation, just like all of their plug-ins for Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines