Highlighted

How to achieve dynamic data merge for barcode generated by "EAN13 Maker" plugin

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

Iam trying to understand the scope of data merge feature in Illustrator and created an Adobe Illustrator Template for a typical Company ID card design use-case (Please see attached screenshots).

In this template I could create and bind variables for Employee Name, Employee ID and Employee Photo through Window->Variables panel by importing a csv file containing 2 datasets for the above variables.

Also I placed a barcode generated from "EAN13 Maker" plugin but it is just a static artwork item which I want to bind to dynamic data through Window->Variables panel seamlessly.

Is it possible to achieve such integration to Variables panel off-the-shelf for "EAN13 Maker" plugin as the plugin by itself doesnot support it.

Any help or pointers are much appreciated.

Thanks.

TOPICS
How to, Print and publish, Third party plugins

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to achieve dynamic data merge for barcode generated by "EAN13 Maker" plugin

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

Iam trying to understand the scope of data merge feature in Illustrator and created an Adobe Illustrator Template for a typical Company ID card design use-case (Please see attached screenshots).

In this template I could create and bind variables for Employee Name, Employee ID and Employee Photo through Window->Variables panel by importing a csv file containing 2 datasets for the above variables.

Also I placed a barcode generated from "EAN13 Maker" plugin but it is just a static artwork item which I want to bind to dynamic data through Window->Variables panel seamlessly.

Is it possible to achieve such integration to Variables panel off-the-shelf for "EAN13 Maker" plugin as the plugin by itself doesnot support it.

Any help or pointers are much appreciated.

Thanks.

TOPICS
How to, Print and publish, Third party plugins

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 09, 2020 0

Have something to add?