Exit

How to achieve this typography effect?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://www.designspiration.com/save/1634899317250/

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/594123375831337547/

I find these designs by Mitsuo Katsui extremely intriguing. Of course I don't expect myself to be able to replicate the many techniques precisely, especially the masterful choice of colors. It's the ability to blend three-dimensionally (as if a shape is spinning across an axis) that I am particularly interest in yet have no idea how to do. 

Just wondering if anyone knows how to achieve this effect using Photoshop and/or Illustrator. I am relatively new to both Photoshop and Illustrator so any help is appreciated! 

TOPICS
Draw and design , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

From what I can see, it seems like several blends, a couple at the side ends, superimposed and using, combined with transparency modes, like overlay or screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From what I can see, it seems like several blends, a couple at the side ends, superimposed and using, combined with transparency modes, like overlay or screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! Time to experiment. 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines