Highlighted

How to Align text to an object in Illustrator?

Engaged ,
May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I am using of course the align tool, BUT I want to keep the square drawing stationary, and I want the text to align into the square without moving the square.

The problem that I have is that every time I want to align the text the square box on the back keeps on moving and I want the square to stay in place and just move the text. 

{Renamed by MOD}

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. Did you try "Align to Key Object" in Align options? Make a Square your Key Object and then align vertically and horizontally.

align to key object.png

For more details, you may also refer to this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/using/moving-aligning-distributing-objects.html).

Let us know if this helps or if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Srishti

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to Align text to an object in Illustrator?

Engaged ,
May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I am using of course the align tool, BUT I want to keep the square drawing stationary, and I want the text to align into the square without moving the square.

The problem that I have is that every time I want to align the text the square box on the back keeps on moving and I want the square to stay in place and just move the text. 

{Renamed by MOD}

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. Did you try "Align to Key Object" in Align options? Make a Square your Key Object and then align vertically and horizontally.

align to key object.png

For more details, you may also refer to this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/using/moving-aligning-distributing-objects.html).

Regards,

Srishti

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 15, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

align to key object.png

Regards,

Srishti

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 15, 2020 1
Engaged ,
May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 15, 2020 0