• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to change suggested presets on startup?

New Here ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I open Illustrator, I am greeted with a selection of templates that I could use to create a new document: Postcard, Letter, Common, iPhone X, HDV/HDTV 1080. I then need to click on "More Presets" to get a "New Document" dialog showing my last used templates to find the ones that I actually use.

I assume that the selection if based on me using an English locale, however, none of these templates have any relevance for me (even when working for print on a home printer, that'd be A4 over here). 

Is there any way to change which presets are included in the start-up screen? Either to a pre-defined set or ideally to my last used templates?

Thanks,

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep the Home Screen turned off, so not much practical experience, but turning it on temporarily I see it has "recent items" features. Doesn't yours? What version of Illustrator are you running? Can you post a screenshot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do get the list of "recent items" for re-opening recent documents. What I'm looking for is a way to quickly access my most-used templates

I'm on version 25, most current one afaik. Here's the screenshot you asked for:

Screenshot 2021-05-21 165936.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is as far as I know no way of customising the list of presets presented in that space.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Tobias L,

A very simple method is to go to file menu and open your recent file and then click on any previous document and then save it as your new file. I hope you will understand.

aquilrahman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This drives me crazy too, I was hoping that there would be a solution (so sick of changing every default from letter to A4) ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

AFAIK the only thing you can do is "Hide Suggestions" top right corner, leaves just your most recent docs visible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines