Highlighted

How to change the color of a QR code?

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I have a blue QR code. I'm trying to make the blue in this image pitch black. The white background obviously needs to stay white. I tried converting it to grayscale and then adjusting the color balance but this colores my white background as well. 

This is probably really easy but I'm a newbie and can't figure it out. Any ideas?

Kind regards,

Kimberly

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Luke Jennings3 | Adobe Community Professional

You can make QR codes in InDesign, Object> Generate QR code, export to PDF, place the PDF into your Illustrator file. You can make it any color you like.

QR code color.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to change the color of a QR code?

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I have a blue QR code. I'm trying to make the blue in this image pitch black. The white background obviously needs to stay white. I tried converting it to grayscale and then adjusting the color balance but this colores my white background as well. 

This is probably really easy but I'm a newbie and can't figure it out. Any ideas?

Kind regards,

Kimberly

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Luke Jennings3 | Adobe Community Professional

You can make QR codes in InDesign, Object> Generate QR code, export to PDF, place the PDF into your Illustrator file. You can make it any color you like.

QR code color.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: 

The image is quite low quality which is why I can't simply convert it to monochrome. Because the boundries of the colores are blurry and Illustrator doesn't know where each color begins and ends. I exported my own QR code from https://www.qrcode-monkey.com and exported it in SVG. This solves my issue. If any of you know how to do this in Illustrator, please let me know. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Count the squares and then let Object > Make Object mosaic vectorize it. Works well with QR codes.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

QR code color.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That barely took me 5 seconds. Thanks! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 28, 2020 0