• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to change the size of multiple Rectangles automatically

Engaged ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a grid of rectangles all the same size (3 rows x 3 columns) 9 objects. Is there a way to select the whole grid and change the size of each of the objects in the grid evenly automatically?

Jim

[please refrain from PII and 3rd party URLs in this area - Moderator]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Another option to change all of the rectangles to the same size would be to use Global Editing. Select one of the rectangles and in the Properties panel, select the Start Global Edit button. The rectangle you selected will turn red and the others that are copies of it will highlight in blue. Change the dimensions for the selected rectangle, and the others will update with the new size.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select your rectangles and go to Object > Transform > Transform Each... You can enter the scale you want in the Transform Each dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Myra, for replying. Transform each only allows %. I want to change the fixed size. For example, I want to change a 135 x 135 mm 1:1 rectangle to 150 x 150. This is a 1.1111111... This will changes each 135 mm square to 149.99. Unfortunately % does not work for me. Is there another tool that allows fixed sizes and not %.

I look foread to your answer,

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim,

For accurate scaling you can use this percentage: 15000/135

As you can see that is 100 times the desired value divided by the current value.

You can do it accurately in the same way for any set of sizes.

Illy (job description Adobe Illustrator) is always very helpful, and she can make calcultations for you with one + or - or * or / for any set of two numbers (except for division by 0), either or both of which can be negative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not quite I understand. Is Illy a person or a tool. If this is a person, I would spend weeks in the community trying to develop my artboards.

Are you saying that there is no way in illustrator to automatically reset mulltiple by rectangles by fixed sizes?

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim,

Myra told you how to select a number of objects and then change each and all of them in one go.

I told you how to make accurate percentage changes. Have you tried our suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jacob, I understand the concept but if I am not starting with a prime number I will always end up with an uneven calculation. That is why I would like to be able to change by fixed numbers rather than percentage. I just find it interesting that Illustrator does not allow The calculation method to me changed.

For example, Photoshop provides almost the same option in Image Size. The difference is that a dropdown selection is provided that allows eight choices for accuracy. Percentage is the default such as Illustrator. But to avoid the problem I am having, Photoshop offers Pixels, Inches, Centimeters, Millimeters, Points, and Picas.

I do appreciate your trying to help.

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For my part you are welcome, Jim.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another option to change all of the rectangles to the same size would be to use Global Editing. Select one of the rectangles and in the Properties panel, select the Start Global Edit button. The rectangle you selected will turn red and the others that are copies of it will highlight in blue. Change the dimensions for the selected rectangle, and the others will update with the new size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Myra,

That is what I was looking for

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines