• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to change transparent artboard to white?

Engaged ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I create a new document based on the HDV/HDTV template, the artboard is transparent. This makes it difficult for me to work on. How can I make the artboard white?

One way is to use document setup to change the transparency display color boxes both to white, so that even though a checkered grid is displayed as the background, the checkered pattern is white alternating with white = solid white.

This seems kind of silly and feels wrong. When I look at new document created with paper templates, which have white artboard, they don't use this method because the checker pattern in document setup is not both set to white.

I read on the web a way to do this is to change the first color box in document setup to white, then check the simulate color paper box. Nothing happens. It's still displaying the checkered pattern.

Any idea how to do that? Ultimately I want to create a template with a white artboard to replace the default HDV/HDTV template. When I import the file into premiere I still do want the artboard to be transparent, so drawing a white box is also not a solution.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Does View > Hide Transparency Grid help?

If you want that the default you need to make your own new document preset with the transparency grid hidden.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does View > Hide Transparency Grid help?

If you want that the default you need to make your own new document preset with the transparency grid hidden.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's it, hide transparency grid. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good to hear that helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines