Highlighted

How to clean HISTORY of last operations in Illustrator?

Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The files size seem to grow rapidly and I need to showcase the result to customer wihout intermediate steps.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The files size seem to grow rapidly and I need to showcase the result to customer wihout intermediate steps.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 17, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think Illustrator adds the history to the file.

Save as may reduce it a little, but to show it to a client, I would save a COPY ! as pdf without Illustrator editing capabilities checked.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 17, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

maybe you are correct, stillI I want to save clean version of AI without my trials

still I wonder why AI files as so huge. Adding 3000x2000 image to it enlarged AI to 40 MB, addiing second image made it 80. strange.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 17, 2020 0
May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are saving the file with PDF Compatibility on, then you are including copies of uncompressed raster images in the file in the PDF portion. Doing a Save As and turning off the compatibility should drastically reduce the file size and history components.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 17, 2020 0
May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator expands compressed jpeg files when they are embedded and saves a copy in the PDF part of the file.

If you link your images, the .ai file is smaller.

If you link your images and uncheck the Create PDF Compatible File option, it will get much smaller, but you cannot show that to the customer without giving him the linked files (and he needs Illustrator to view the file.)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 17, 2020 0
Resources