Highlighted

How to close Illustrator app running in background?

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've downloaded Adobe Creative Cloud to use illustrator. I did some work to practice on it last week as I'm a beginner. I did not need to save the work to I closed it. Today I am trying to open up illustrator and it says I need to update it. However, when I try it tells me I need to close my old work first and its in the background somewhere, but I've already closed. Really confused, can someone help?

{Renamed by MOD}

Hi John,

Apologies for the delayed response. I hope your issue is resolved by now.

For this issue, a restart is always helpful. You may also use Task Manager(Windows) or Activity Monitor(macOS) to force close the background process.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to close Illustrator app running in background?

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've downloaded Adobe Creative Cloud to use illustrator. I did some work to practice on it last week as I'm a beginner. I did not need to save the work to I closed it. Today I am trying to open up illustrator and it says I need to update it. However, when I try it tells me I need to close my old work first and its in the background somewhere, but I've already closed. Really confused, can someone help?

{Renamed by MOD}

Hi John,

For this issue, a restart is always helpful. You may also use Task Manager(Windows) or Activity Monitor(macOS) to force close the background process.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 02, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 11, 2020 0
Resources