How to connect box edges to come together at a single point?

New Here ,
Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I would like to connect two box corners together, much like joining paths together using anchor points. The only issue is that the points I would like to connect into a perfect "V" shape are not lines, but are rectangles. Is there a way to connect the two corners together into a cohesive corner, using the setup in the attached images?

Thank you!

Screen Shot 2020-12-29 at 6.51.23 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-29 at 6.51.40 PM.png

  

[ attachment inserted as inline image by moderator ]

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

1 Correct Answer

Adobe Community Professional , Dec 30, 2020
tromboniator Adobe Community Professional , Dec 30, 2020
Are you asking how to join the two shapes into one, or how to get the corner points to coincide?  From your screenshots I'm guessing the latter, but I've been wrong once or twice.   In the View menu activate Snap to Point. De-select both rectangles. With the Selection Tool or the Group Selection Tool click and hold exactly on the corner anchor point of the rectangle you want move, and drag that point until it snaps to the corner point where you want it.   If you use the Selection Tool (black poi...

Translate

Translate
Jump to answer Jump to answer
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pathfinder > Unite?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

or Shape Builder Tool …

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you asking how to join the two shapes into one, or how to get the corner points to coincide?  From your screenshots I'm guessing the latter, but I've been wrong once or twice.

In the View menu activate Snap to Point. De-select both rectangles. With the Selection Tool or the Group Selection Tool click and hold exactly on the corner anchor point of the rectangle you want move, and drag that point until it snaps to the corner point where you want it.

If you use the Selection Tool (black pointer) the risk is that if you are a bit off in clicking you may select the rectangle, and dragging the point will then scale the rectangle instead of moving it.

Peter

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines