• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to convert pathfinders to independent layers

Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i have a pretty specific issue and im not sure whats wrong. So i drew seperate body parts for a rigging on different layers and it made pathfinders of each time i picked up the pen. I've tried and looked at every video and read every page i could find and have still wound up with nothing. I need to merge those pathfinders to each other and the main layer so that each body part is one layer. I've seen some videos that make it one but still has drop down layers inside of it so it didn't really help anything. Ultimately the goal is each layer which is each body part that's only one layer with no pathfinders thats completely independent for each part so I'll have about 20 something layers at the most instead of 70 something because of the pathfinders. Im loading it from illustrator to after effects using overlord and that's the reason why i need less layers so i can use another battle axe plugin rubberhose v2, to rig it. If you have any information i'd really appreciate it thanks

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

No magic buttons or easy answers: You have to spend some time in the layers palette and reorganize things, including having to expand parametric Pathfinders and duplicating stuff to get that mutual cutting right.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No magic buttons or easy answers: You have to spend some time in the layers palette and reorganize things, including having to expand parametric Pathfinders and duplicating stuff to get that mutual cutting right.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines