Exit

How to copy guidelines along with a document for Multiple Art Boards

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am hoping some expert production designer has an answer for the following:

1. I set up 27 multiple blank art boards in Adobe Illustrator CC 2021

2. How do I or can create master guidelines for type and photo placement on the first board and automatically create the same measures / positioning of photo and body text, captions on the remaining 26 boards without having to set up each board manually which is a waste of time. Can it be done?

3. I know this can be done in Adobe Indesign, but client wants final art in Illustrator

4. I tried to find the answer of Youtube and had no luck

I would appreciate any help soon!

Thank you so much!  

Sincerely, Linda

TOPICS
Feature request , Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Linda,

Dont drag guides out of the rulers (those are not part of  the artboard, but your document as a whole).

Draw vector paths using lines or rectangles, then command 5 to make them guides.

Drag the artboard name onto the new artboard, to duplicate the artboard

MikeGondek_0-1619666991004.png

after you have 2 boards select them both using shift and repeat the drag duplicate. Next select 4 and so on until you have your 27.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Mike,

Thanks a mill for your help! I’ll give it a try. But one more question. When I drag the artboard name onto the new artboard won’t I have the old artboard underneath, so 54 artboards instead of the 27 I need? Sorry for the “duh” question and I sure appreciate the quick response!

Sincerely,

Linda Blackwell Bentley
Senior Graphic Design Consultant

Linda Blackwell Design 312.909.3602
2059 West Grand Ave. Chicago, IL 60612
websites: lindablackwelldesign.com / directoryofillustraton.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As for your initial request, you may set up your guides on the first artboard, make sure that guides are not locked (see View menu), select all guides, cut them and then call the Paste on All Artboards command in the Edit menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines