Highlighted

How to Copy/paste a transparent image from Photoshop to Illustrator

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I work with Photoshop and Illustrator simultaneously because I paint watercolor textures on Photoshop and I change colors and make patterns on Illustrator. 

With older adobe versions I was used to paint with brush on photoshop, copy and paste on illustrator respecting all transparency of a watercolor stain for example. 

But I updated the versions and now when I paste it, there's this white ground behind the whole area.

CaptuXFGra.PNG

I already know that if you save that file on Photoshop as .psd .TIFF or .png and place it on Illustrator it respects the transparencies. But what I'm trying is to avoid that and save time with a shortcut I've been doing already. It should have a setting solution...

Thanks a lot!

Elena

TOPICS
Draw and design, How to, Import and export, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to Copy/paste a transparent image from Photoshop to Illustrator

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I work with Photoshop and Illustrator simultaneously because I paint watercolor textures on Photoshop and I change colors and make patterns on Illustrator. 

With older adobe versions I was used to paint with brush on photoshop, copy and paste on illustrator respecting all transparency of a watercolor stain for example. 

But I updated the versions and now when I paste it, there's this white ground behind the whole area.

CaptuXFGra.PNG

I already know that if you save that file on Photoshop as .psd .TIFF or .png and place it on Illustrator it respects the transparencies. But what I'm trying is to avoid that and save time with a shortcut I've been doing already. It should have a setting solution...

Thanks a lot!

Elena

TOPICS
Draw and design, How to, Import and export, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 15, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't see any issues with that in Illustrator and Photoshop 2020.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 15, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Monika,

What do you mean? 

You don't have that issue in your versions 2020 or you don't see any issue with that?

It's just a shortcut to save time when I draw multiples things in Photoshop to import them to Illustrator, so I don't have to draw each item on one layer and save it to place that file in Illustrator. 

Thanks anyway.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 15, 2020 0
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works without a problem for me. Copy and paste from Photoshop into Illustrator works with transparent images.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 15, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it should be a setting thing...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 15, 2020 0
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using a Macintosh machine or a Windows machine?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 15, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

a Windows pc.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 15, 2020 0
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a Macintosh machine it works fine for me, but at first glance I can see the issue on a Windows machine (Windows 10, latest version of Illustrator).

Some more investigation is required to find out if there is a specific setting that may cure it or if it is a misbehaviour/bug.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 15, 2020 1
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll keep looking for an answer! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 16, 2020 0
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you search several forums for the Windows clipboard, there seem to be some general issues with it happening in several applications. So you might head over to Windows forums to ask this and maybe people have a solution.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 16, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Monika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 17, 2020 0
Resources