• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to create a curved line with perspectives?

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys,

I would like to create a curved line (kinda like a street) that starts at the bottom, includes like 4-5 curves towards the middle of the picture but in a perspective so the bottom/front of the line is thicker and the line vanishes/gets thinner at some point towards the middle of the picture/the back. 

This is probably not the best way to descirbe what I need so I attach an example of what I have in mind.

I started creating forms like a snake and use the transform (alt button) method to kinda bring it in perspective in photoshop but the line will come out as blurry in the end so I'd prefer doing it in illustrator but don't manage to recreate a shape similar to what you can see in the picture.

If anyone has any advice and/or could explain how something like that is done, I'd appreciate a lot!

So thanks already and have a nice weekend!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

You could try a line with a width profile, a Zig Zag effect and a 3D Rotate effect (with perspective).

Screenshot 2021-02-05 at 16.02.02.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try a line with a width profile, a Zig Zag effect and a 3D Rotate effect (with perspective).

Screenshot 2021-02-05 at 16.02.02.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh wow - that's a really nice way and also very easy to do! Thanks a lot! :))

To distort it more in the way I'd like, I copy it in Photoshop and use my already mentioned "method" (ctrl + t and then moving the corner while holding the alt button).

Is there a similar way to do that in Illustrator so I keep the sharpness of the line? In Photoshop it gets slightly blurry on the edges but still totally usable for my case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another idea is to create the road or whatever in 'bird's eye' view, then use 3D extrude (with no extrude applied), and just a perspective angle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... or just use 3D rotate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL - true - I guess I should've read the answer more carefully (but I still maintain to make a realistic road, it shouldn't taper off in the artwork - let 3D rotate do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would try to keep it vector and use the tools in Illustrator to get it the way you want, there are distort and free transform tools to distort it further. If you Expand the Appearance you will end up with editable paths (probably with lots of points that can be simplified with Object > Path > Simplify).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines