Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to create a shape like this

Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I did this shape with the curvature tool but I need it as a part of a given circle.

How do I create such a shape?

Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

Best

Tristan

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You probably cannot make it part of a circle, but you could start with a copy of the circle, apply a width profile and removet the left and bottom anchor points.

stroke.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Tristan,

As I (mis)understand it, you can create two circles of identical size or different sizes, then position them with an overlap that gives (at least) one crescent that ends at the bottom right, and then you can create a straight path across where you wish to cut it. You can let the Shape Builder Tool rid you of unwanted parts.

You can have a look here and/or here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/creating-shapes-shape-builder-tool.html
https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/atv/cs5-tutorials/creating-complex-art-with-the-shape-builder-to...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines