• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to create image borders that mold around object?

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I have a document that has images of different shapes. 
However, they all have boxes around them when selected. Even choosing "image Trace" just creates a solid box around the object.
My printer cannot see the cut lines from the shapes, they only see the sqaure boxes.

(image normally has a transparent background, but I have color background here to show shape)
roclaw A.png
What am I missing?

TOPICS
Draw and design , Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

James,

Are we talking about the Bounding Box, which you can toggle on and off with Shift+Ctrl/Cmd+B (or View>Show/Hide Bounding Box)?

That would not print.

I see no box in your image, only the white (unselected) path on the brown background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to make die cut lines around the white image shape. However, my printer cannot see it and only can see the bounding box portion (the entire brown area square) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The printer documentation should tell you exactly how to set up the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

James,

I believe the boundaries of the brown box is the the Artboard: the vertical sides of the Bounding Box ought to follow the vertical top sides of the white path, and the horizontal sides ought to go through the topmost corners/bottommost corner.

You may need is to give the path a stroke with a specific Stroke Weight and a specific (maybe spot) Color for die cutting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines