Highlighted

How to create rounded corners on a masked image?

Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm creating a small web banner that I want the corners to be slightly rounded. But my banner uses a masked image at the bottom right corner. When I apply rounded corners it obviously doesn't affect the image. Won't let me create a clipping mask it seems. So how can I get the image corner rounded as well? Thanks.

Screen Shot 2020-10-19 at 3.17.25 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-10-19 at 3.17.14 PM.png

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Ton Frederiks | Adobe Community Professional

You could cut your masked image.

Select the rounded rectangle and choose the Draw Inside option at the bottom right of the toolbar.

Choose Edit > Paste in Place

Select the Draw Normal option.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to create rounded corners on a masked image?

Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm creating a small web banner that I want the corners to be slightly rounded. But my banner uses a masked image at the bottom right corner. When I apply rounded corners it obviously doesn't affect the image. Won't let me create a clipping mask it seems. So how can I get the image corner rounded as well? Thanks.

Screen Shot 2020-10-19 at 3.17.25 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-10-19 at 3.17.14 PM.png

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Ton Frederiks | Adobe Community Professional

Select the rounded rectangle and choose the Draw Inside option at the bottom right of the toolbar.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 19, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 19, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked brilliantly. Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 19, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to hear that worked for you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 20, 2020 0
Resources