Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to create this in illustrator

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I am creating a stud effect on illustrator for every letter of the alphabet similar to the below, rather than placing each individual dot i was wondering if there was a quicker solution. I have tried scatter brush but that. does not give the same effect as the image below as some dots will overlap or i cant get it tight enough near the letter, any suggestions will be greatly appreciated 

TOPICS
Draw and design , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try to create a symbol from a circle and another symbol from a star. Spray symbols along the S shape, adjust the instances positions and sizes using Symbols tools (Shifter, Sizer, Scruncher etc.). Place S above the symbols area and set Fill = background color, Stroke = your drawing color. Tweak the symbols if needed.

This quick sketch took about 10 minutes

2020-11-26_14-13-41.png

it's just draft but allows to see an idea

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please show your results and your brush.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines