• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to creating this design effect?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to create this kind of effect for vectors and text? 

infinity-symbol-with-glowing-effect_23-2147854724 (1).jpg

infinity-lens-flare-symbol_23-2147851770.jpg

[ attachments inserted as inline images by moderator ]

TOPICS
Draw and design , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those examples are vectors from Freepik.com. I'd recommend downloading them, so you can see how they are set up. The idea when creating a glow with a vector object is that it's going to have a raster effect applied to it (Effect > Stylize > Outer Glow) that produces a glow when it's over a dark background because of the blend mode used in the effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think they used outer glow since that wouldn't be 100% vector, which would not comply with the rules of most stock companies.

Also outer glow would dissolve equally around the object, but the glows here are sharper around the edges.

I'd rather assume gradient meshes. Maybe blends. Or a combination of those.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The glow effect which is a raster effect and uses a blend mode is a simplified, general idea of how to add a glow. True, it doesn't have to be a raster effect. If you download the image and take a look at it, various parts use gradients and have the blend mode Color Dodge applied to create the glow. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've downloaded the vector from Freepik to take a look but for some reason, the background layer is not showing up?

Screen Shot 2021-02-04 at 12.20.51 am.png

The paths for the vector are visible though. Does anyone know a good tutorial on working with these types of gradients and layer blends? I'm unfortunately not as familiar with Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all I would zoom out and check if the artwork is somewhere else.

Then try and select the CPU Preview in the View menu. And maybe turn off the top layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much @Monika Gause! CPU view worked perfectly! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this tutorial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsu9yP1lVBM

To see the background, unlock the layer first, then on the right side of the BACKGROUND layer there is a circle, click on it, then press Ctrl+-(minus button from keyboard), that will show the background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much for the help @Kamarudheen CK! From the stock fille, it looks like the paths are using gradients to create the look so I'm going to give this tutorial a go now. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Abambo_0-1612373085596.png

works for me...

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are not a once click effect, it is used gradients, effect overlays, and there are many objects used to create this one effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines