Highlighted

How to cut image?

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, im trying to make file for laser engraver and I need keep vector files in different layes and cut them straight line like a frame. How can i do it? With clipping mask i have to make them in one layer, with erase tool i delete more then i need because its delete part of line. Any help?

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Jacob Bugge | Most Valuable Participant

Deividas,

"With clipping mask i have to make them in one layer,"

You can create identical clipping paths and apply one of them in each layer, and (presumably) reapply the stroke after creating each mask.

A crucial question is whether the laser engraver can follow the lines within each mask without going into the invisible parts outside.

Another is whether you need to have stroked paths or outlined strokes (creating (narrow) filled and closed paths would work; especially if the simple Clipping Mask approach fails.

TOPICS
Draw and design, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to cut image?

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, im trying to make file for laser engraver and I need keep vector files in different layes and cut them straight line like a frame. How can i do it? With clipping mask i have to make them in one layer, with erase tool i delete more then i need because its delete part of line. Any help?

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Jacob Bugge | Most Valuable Participant

Deividas,

You can create identical clipping paths and apply one of them in each layer, and (presumably) reapply the stroke after creating each mask.

A crucial question is whether the laser engraver can follow the lines within each mask without going into the invisible parts outside.

Another is whether you need to have stroked paths or outlined strokes (creating (narrow) filled and closed paths would work; especially if the simple Clipping Mask approach fails.

TOPICS
Draw and design, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 19, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deividas,

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 19, 2020 0
Resources