Highlighted

how to debug extendscript of a CEP panel in ESTK

Contributor ,
May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

`Hi,

I have seen a few tips for using VS as a debugging aid for the jsx parts, but are there any instructions on setting up ESTK debugging sessions?

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

how to debug extendscript of a CEP panel in ESTK

Contributor ,
May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

`Hi,

I have seen a few tips for using VS as a debugging aid for the jsx parts, but are there any instructions on setting up ESTK debugging sessions?

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 08, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think that is possible while the cep extension is being debugged using chrome. What you can do is debug the script standalone using Extendscript or VScode, if there is a problem you can't debug this way and need the whole workflow of Cep extension, then you will have to use alerts, logs messages etc to debug the jsx part of the extension.

-Manan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 08, 2020 1
May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ESTK is a 32 bit application and MAC's since Catalina have move to 64 bit only so its just collateral damage that way. Even on systems where you can use ESTK i don't know of any method where you can use ESTK to debug the jsx of a running CEP extension(i may be wrong, happy if someone gives any insight into this). So using ESTK for such debugging is limited to just debugging it standalone, else VSCode is the way to go

-Manan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 11, 2020 0
May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems i was not totally correct and things have changed since i last looked at it. Have a look at the following discussion

https://community.adobe.com/t5/exchange/how-to-debug-a-photoshop-cep-extension-with-vscode-extendscr...

So the idea is to use chrome debugger for the js part of debugging and VScode for the jsx part of debugging. I think there are sufficient instructions in the discussion for you to give it a try.

-Manan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 08, 2020 1
Contributor ,
May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

thanks for pointing me at that discussion; honestly I would have preferred ESTK but it seems to be phased out by Adobe nyways

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 11, 2020 0