• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Delete Old Versions of Illustrator 2020, InDesign 2020, Photoshop 2020 and Bridge 2020

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After installing to the latest versions of my CC Design 2021 apps, old versions of the 2020 apps still exist in my system. How do I delete them? Can I simply drag them to the trash and delete them?

I checked on the Creative Cloud app but there isn't an option to delete those old versions. All I'm seeing is that those 2020 apps are not installed. This cannot be true because when I click on the 2020 apps icons, its did launch and work as per normal.

There's also an app called Maxon Cinema 4D R21 and R22. I believe this belongs to After Effects. Can I also delete the old version of Maxon?

As you can see from the screenshot, all these old apps are occupying close to 10GBs of valuable space. I need to delete them.

Regards,

Yazid

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mentor , Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please try going to control panel by pressing windows+r and then typing control. Then, in control panel, search for programs & features. In programs & features, right-click any program or app you want to uninstall, then click delete(Only one program can be deleted at a time). This should solve the problem. Also of note, is that the next time you install an update, check "delete old versions of this app"

Regards,
Aadi Sahni

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Aadi,

Thanks for the reply. I'm using Mac and I'm also not exactly sure what do you mean by 'Control Panel'. Sounds like you're using PC with reference to "windows+r". I'm not familiar with that term on my Creative Cloud app. Based on my preference settings it has all along indicated to remove old versions of the app (see attached screenshot).

Regards,

Yazid

Screenshot 2020-12-10 at 5.37.08 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't delete them, use the uninstaller that is in the same foler as the app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Ton, forget to mention that I did that too before posting this query. The uninstaller doesn't exist anymore. See the attached screenshot.

Screenshot 2020-12-11 at 6.04.25 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the app is not there, what do we see in your first screenshot wih the large file sizes?

Can you show the contents of that folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the screenshot. Apparently the same goes to all the CC apps I currently have. The contents of the folder all contain the same list of files. As you can see there're plenty of old ones which I do not need and would like to remove all of them and simply have the new versions.

Interestingly it's only the 2020 files that are still left undeleted unlike the past ones. The original Uninstall files are unavailable apparently. I may just take the rest and delete these old files eventually if I can't find any effective solution. I suspect it might be a bug somehwere that's causes it not to be deleted. 

Screenshot 2020-12-11 at 10.13.46 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the Uninstall button does not work, check where the alias points to (right click > Show Original), maybe you removed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ton- please verify that this is one way without deleting more than one wishes: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html?x-product=Creative%20Cloud%20D...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is how I do it. But I understand that this option does not seem to work for mmyazid

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a lot for the help guys!

Tried finding the source of the alias before but the original could not be found.

If I were to uninstall via the Creative Cloud app, it would essentially uninstall the latest version of my apps. From the same panel, it also indicates that my older versions were already uninstalled. 

So I find my situation is pretty unique. This seems to only happen with my 2020 versions. All prior versions were automatically deleted when I updated to the latest version (as I already set my settings to delete old versions when a new one is installed).

Thanks!

Yazid

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines