How to disable "Tutorials are here when you need them" pop-up?

Participant ,
Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't seen this particular type of notification addressed in the forums... When I open a document I get the following popup, and neither Remind Later or Ok make it go away permanently. It pops back up after maybe 15 minutes. It happens with both new and existing docs. I could deal with it if it would at least go away till the next launch, but this is pretty annoying. It blocks the palettes under it so I have to deal with it.

Show tool tips is disabled in prefs. I even added the Learn palette to my workspace.

Other thoughts?  Illustrator v25.1 on Mac OS 10.15.7.

Thanks.

Screen Shot 2021-01-18 at 8.31.26 AM.png

TOPICS
Bug, How to, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

1 Correct Answer

Participant , Jan 26, 2021
dDembicki Participant , Jan 26, 2021
So, following up. No crashes in quite a while, knock on wood, although I didn't do anything. Also, after my original post, the popup stopped popping. Resolved itself? No idea, but it's gone so I'm happy.

Translate

Translate
Jump to answer Jump to answer
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tooltips are an entire different thing.

If the popups appear again and again this points to issues with the preferences file. Do you experience crashes when closing Illustrator?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Participant ,
Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Monika, yes, sometimes. Of course, after I posted that it popped up once and then it was gone all day. Getting ready to quit for the day, will post back here tomorrow. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should concentrate on solving the crashing thing.

It maybe has to do with preferences corruption and this would also explain the recurring help popups.

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html

Resetting the preferences will delete all your settings

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, following up. No crashes in quite a while, knock on wood, although I didn't do anything. Also, after my original post, the popup stopped popping. Resolved itself? No idea, but it's gone so I'm happy.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines