• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to edit a photo in illustrator with photoshop

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i remember that theres a hot key to open an photoshop edit window by just holding option and double clicking on an image in illustrator. but i did that recently and it suddeenly didn't work. can anybody tell me how to change that back in preferences or whatever? it would be a great help.

thanks so much. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the image linked or embedded?

Do you get a message about there being no associated application, or does it just do nothing?

If you click on 'Edit Original' in the control bar or Properties panel, does that work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it says embeded, heres an image just to be sure. and the option double click still don't work on the image to pop ps out.

Screen Shot 2021-02-02 at 11.37.04 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit Original won't work on embedded images, only linked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The short cut won't work on an embedded image, relink it try again.

I'm using the cc2021 version, what I do is import the PSD file into illustrator, and whenever I need editing I just edit it from photoshoot, and will it will update automatically here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines