Highlighted

How to enable Animated Zoom in Ilustrator?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!
I’ve had trouble with zooming shortcuts at Illustrator. Without meaning to, I activated some command using the zoom by selection area (window). I want to be back on the drag zoom but I can’t help myself.

{Renamed by MOD}

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Bill Silbert | Adobe Community Professional

It sounds like you might mean "animated zoom". You can activate that by turning on GPU Performance in the Performance section of Illustrator's preferences.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to enable Animated Zoom in Ilustrator?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!
I’ve had trouble with zooming shortcuts at Illustrator. Without meaning to, I activated some command using the zoom by selection area (window). I want to be back on the drag zoom but I can’t help myself.

{Renamed by MOD}

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Bill Silbert | Adobe Community Professional

It sounds like you might mean "animated zoom". You can activate that by turning on GPU Performance in the Performance section of Illustrator's preferences.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 09, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you provide more details as to your situation? Are you talking about the keyboard shortcut for accessing the tool (typing a "Z") or using the Command (Mac)/Control (PC)-Spacebar combination to activate the tool? What is the "some command" you refer to? Also please provide what operating system and what version of Illustrator you are using.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 09, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Bill! Thank you for helping me!
I'm using the version 24.3 on Windows 10. I'm trying to change the zoom mode: from zoom by selection to drag zoom. I'm not talking about the keyboard shotcurt for accessing the tool; I need to know how I can alternate the zoom mode. In the "drag zoom", I was able to zoom out without having to press the Alt key. Do you know how to return for this option?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 09, 2020 0
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 09, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right! It worked, Bill! There is a shortcut to disable this command? Because I've never disable this box.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 09, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you a million! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 09, 2020 0
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It will disable itself if you inadvertently switch to Preview on CPU (Ctrl+E).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 09, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. In addition to information given above by Bill, I'd request checking out this help article to know more about Animated Zoom.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 09, 2020 0
Resources