• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to end a brush tool or pencil tool stroke at a precise place when using a Wacom pen and tablet.

Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm somewhat new to using a Wacom tablet and pen with Illustrator, and I'm having trouble finding a solution. When using the Illustrator brush or pencil tools, the Wacom pen is sensitive to the tablet at a short distance above the surface. That means that it keeps drawing the stroke as I lift the pen away when trying to end the stroke. Which adds more to the stroke than I want.

With a regular mouse, it's just a matter of right-click, drag to draw, release the right-click and the stroke ends. But the Wacom pen keeps interacting with the tablet and Illustrator as I lift it off the tablet, and keeps drawing a stroke until the pen is finally too far away. How do I make the Wacom pen end the stroke when I stop moving the pen itself?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2020 Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I am also having this problem on my cintiq. The ends of the paths I draw with the pencil tool often curve back on themselves or have a small segment at a right angle to the line I was trying to draw. This happens to almost every path I draw when the pencil is set to the highest accuracy. Even when the pencil is set all the way to smooth, it still occurs pretty frequently. Seems likely that this could involve the wacom or stylus settings, rather than an illustrator problem, but if anyone knows a way to address this is would be much appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 03, 2020 Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For me, the solution was to replace the nib at the end of the stylus. Someone on another website suggested cleaning it, and inside the little hole that holds the nib, so try that first. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines