• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to fill a traced object with color?

Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the below image, all I want to do is fill in the shape with a color.

Here are the steps I took to make the object:

1. Placed the jpg into Illustrator, then used Image Trace (Mode:Black and White logo), Checked ignore white

2. Object -> Expand. Then I deleted some points that made the object noisy.

How do I color the inside? When I try to change the fill color it only changes the colors of the lines, not the white (or transparent) parts of the object.

apujada_0-1588622749461.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Don't click Ignore White when making the Image Trace object. Or the white shape you're trying to fill will not exist.

If  you want to get rid of the white background to the outside of your shape, Expand the object, click on the white background with your Direct Selection tool (A) and delete.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Don't click Ignore White when making the Image Trace object. Or the white shape you're trying to fill will not exist.

If  you want to get rid of the white background to the outside of your shape, Expand the object, click on the white background with your Direct Selection tool (A) and delete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines