• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to get decode value of UPC barcode using extendscript?

Explorer ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I have image file that contains two UPC barcodes and need to get the decode values in Illustrator using Extendscript.

Kindly help me to get the decode value.

Thanks.

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I doubt this is possible but I'd be really curious to see someone attempt it. This would be pretty trivial as a CEP extension with access to NodeJS, but without an internet connection to some library for doing this, I can't see a way for scripting to access the information without tracing it (which provides sloppy results), attempting to clean up the paths into even rectangles, then running some algorithm to decode it manually, in which case that would be a pretty huge undertaking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the information. I will try to get the decoded value of the barcode using the CEP extension. In case, If you know any other information please share it here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are lots of free/paid barcode reader apps already available for Mac/Windows/Android/iPhone. I suggest throwing your barcode images at one of those—it’ll be a lot quicker and cheaper than writing your own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you hhas01

I need to get the barcode value within the illustrator application. Is it possible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines