• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Insert a link in Illustrator CS6

Explorer ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, in Illustrator I saved a file.ai to pdf-format. How can I Insert a link to another file in Illustrator?

Thanks in advance for an answer

{Renamed by MOD}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

You can use 'Place' option available in the Illustrator from File -> Place. See screenshot for reference

Screenshot 2020-05-13 at 7.05.07 PM.png

After clicking on "Place", explorer window will open to choose your file. So, you can select you pdf  format file and place inside the document.

To verify links, you can open Links  panel from Windows -> Links . See screenshot below for Links panel.

Screenshot 2020-05-13 at 7.07.44 PM.png

I hope this helps you.

Thanks

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your reply.

I use Illustrator CS6. In my version, Windows > Link doesn't exist.

What can I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want it to work reliably you will have to do it using Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry, I have never used CS6 version. I started working from CC version only. May be someone else will defintely will help you.

Thanks

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. Charu has explained the process correctly. You should see Links panel under Windows in Illustrator CS6. I am also attaching a screenshot for the reference:

Screenshot_25.png

You may find more details about importing files on help article https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/using/importing-artwork-files.html#place_import_files

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Achutosh,

thank you very much for the reply.

I use CS6 and I don't have "Link" under Windows. I have to search for an other solution.

Have a great day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have CS6 any longer, but I believe the way to place a link in an existing Illustrator file has always been File> Place. You can check the file link using the Links panel.

Are you trying to create a hyperlink? so the viewer of a PDF can navigate to a web address? Or do you want to attach a file to a PDF?

If you can't see links under windows, try re-setting the workspace (I think this was a CS6 option).

File Place.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know "place", this is to insert files, not hyperlinks!

I try to explain me better. I have a webpage locally, not online, with a lot of knittings pattern. If I click on an image, I can see the pattern and turn back to the image-page. For one pattern I have two pages. I like to change from one pdf file to the other pdf file (both made with Illustrator). I like to insert a hyperlink in both, working with Illustrator and save them after in format pdf. I hope, after saving the file in pdf, the hyperlink will work again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines