How to Lock an Image to Manually Trace

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an issue manually tracing an image. I can import a JPG and begin using the pen tool to trace the image. The issue is, I keep accidentally moving the JPG and I have to keep re-aligning the pen tool lines. I searched before posting but searches are saturated with "Trace Image" tool results and not this. I just need to see how I can lock the JPG image and manually traced lines. 

I have attached a picture to show what keeps happening.slice.png

TOPICS
Draw and design, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Either select the image and use Object > Lock > Selection (Ctrl + 2), or put the image on its own layer and lock that using the layers panel.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
  1. In an Illustrator file, do a File > Place.
  2. Select the image you want to trace.
  3. At the bottom of the place dialog check on Template (if you don't see that, click the Options button) then click the Place button.
  4. If you need to adjust the size/position of the image after placing it, go to the Layers panel and unlock the template layer. Make adjustments and then relock the layer.
  5. To adjust the opacity of the trace image, double-click the layer (in the Layers panel) and adjust the Dim Images to amount.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines