One of the many missing features in Illustrator.
You could use Animate or Flash (you find the button in the align panel). Then export in SVG format and import into your Illustrator document.
Hope this was helpful
In the scripts section you will find the script "Set all the things"
You could record an action. I assume your objects vary in size, so you can assign a key command which will make applying this quickly to each item.
thank you so much
An old question but here is a possible answer:
- Select all the objects
- Go to the appearance panel [shigft-F6]
- Click on the small FX button on the bottom of the panel
- Choose Convert to Shape
- There choose Rectangle and Size absolute. Choose your width and heigth
Only works with basic shapes because it converts your object to these basic shapes.
Really, Illustrator cannot align figures??
"Set all the things" doesn't keep proportions and transform each can't do specific height or width.
I found a weird hack to do this.
1. Copy all your objects to new documents
2. Create an action
3. Record your transform action, for example, height 500px.
4. In a separate action, Record Select 'Next object below'
5. Now loop through action 3 and 4 by recording action within the action.
Here's how it looks. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ioQ1dR7cNDc3pYDoAkHiyKWs-OpIrtU0/view