• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to manage toolbar in Illustrator

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I just downloaded the adobe illustrator, I think. I thought I try one of those tutorials "create a logo". Well the first lesson, Draw a circle. Using the Ellipse tool, WHAT is a ellipse tool. I've also lost my side bar with all the bottons on it and cannot get it back......... So how is this easy to use?

{Renamed by MOD}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Window menu > Workspace > Reset

Votes

Translate

Translate

Tap the l (lower case) key on the keyboard. On the left side of the work space should be a bar with icons. Those are the tools. The Ellipse tool is located in a stack with the Rectangle and Rounded Rectangle tool. Any Tool shown with a small dark triangle at lower right is a stack. Click and hold to reveal other tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. In addition to the suggestion given by Ton & Larry, please check out this help article(https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/using/tools.html) to know about the tools & how to manage them in Adobe Illustrator.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Click on the 'Create New' button on the left-hand side.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Window menu > Workspace > Reset

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I am using a mac, and to be truthful. This is the first time I am even looking at Adobe. Totally lost. Where would I even find reset. This is the home page, right?Screen Shot 2021-01-23 at 10.34.41 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found the reset button. Okay now where is this ellipse tool?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tap the l (lower case) key on the keyboard. On the left side of the work space should be a bar with icons. Those are the tools. The Ellipse tool is located in a stack with the Rectangle and Rounded Rectangle tool. Any Tool shown with a small dark triangle at lower right is a stack. Click and hold to reveal other tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, great help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. In addition to the suggestion given by Ton & Larry, please check out this help article(https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/using/tools.html) to know about the tools & how to manage them in Adobe Illustrator.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great have it and will review. My next question, this front page I am on (pic above), if I want to design a label, how would I go about that? Is there somewhere to get me out of the Logo tutorials and into label making?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Remembering I am using a mac

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another question, if I have a label already from AI (done by someone else), I want to use parts of it, ie logo but use it in another label template, make a new one etc, where would I go? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on the 'Create New' button on the left-hand side.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines