• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to proportionally resize a set of rectangles

Engaged ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a set of  four rectangles aligned to a the left vertical guid with even spacing between rectangles. Is there a way proportionally increase the sizes of the set of rectangles while letting the horizontal space between them contract to align while aligning them to the a second vertical guid.

See the example below.

Region 01-May-21 0001.jpg

[please refrain from PII and 3rd party URLs in this area - Moderator]
TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim again, Somehow I managed to hide the two center guides for the above question. They show in the layers but I cannot get them to display. I have tried Ctrl+;  I have tried turning the locks on and off. I saved the file and closed Illustrator and reopened it. Nothing I do will all me to display them. the show hide eye does nothing. Anyone have an idea.

Jim (I hate being a nubie).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The command you probably want, after selecting all rectangles, is Object > Transform > Transform Each. Using the proxy in the lower left you can specify which edge should not move.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Barbara, thank you for your suggestion. I will try it after I take a break. Do you have any idea how I managed to hide my two center guides.

Thank you in advance, Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I figured it out. Somehow, while I was familiarizing my self with the align functions I managed to align the two virtical guides to the left guide. Consequently, the were all on top of each other.

Typical nubi error.

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim,

As I (mis)understand it, how about Tranform>Transform Each?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines