Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to re-enable document recovery in Illustrator

Explorer ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there ...

I am wondering about how to get that feature back from Illustrator where I would be able to recover lost changes after a crash and reuploading the app. I used to have this feature and it was convenient for me to be able to save changes to a document that would otherwise be lost ... but I no longer have this feature available to me for some reason. Maybe I had inadvertently changed the settings or something. Please let me know how to re-enable this.

Thanks so much!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Under Preferences>File Handling>Auto Save

There is also a really good AsutueGraphic plug-in that automatically auto saves as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under Preferences>File Handling>Auto Save

There is also a really good AsutueGraphic plug-in that automatically auto saves as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ... thanks for responding. I do not see File Handling anywhere in the Preferrences of the Creative Cloud app. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay ... thanks, I got it. I found it directly in Illustrator (thought it was in Creative Cloud). Thanks so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, think our replies are crossing. Glad you got it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on a MAC, so it might be different if you are on a PC, Screen Shot 2021-02-26 at 3.14.08 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect ... thanks. I saw this after I updated my Reply. I thought it was under Creative Cloud itself. 

Have an awesome day and thanks for responding 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Be aware that the file recovery might and does fail. It's only a last resort for the last minutes, don't ever consider it a method to replace proper backups.

If you can't remember to save your file, install the free version of the plugin Autosaviour.

And install a backup software for your system. On the Mac do at least turn on TimeMachine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines