• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to reduce the overall size of user interface of Ai?

Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 27" iMac, and the user interfaceof Ai takes the whole screen, so I can't have the window of another application visible while Ai is running.

In the menu bar, I can scroll down the “Display”menu (“Affichage” in French) and get to “Screen mode” (“Mode écran”). There, I can choose between three modes: Normal Screen, Full Screen Mode with Menu Bar, Full Screen Mode without Menus. The first one is checked, that is Normal Screen.

I am using Illustrator 24.0.1

Thanks for any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Choose Normal mode

Sounds like your app window is in maximize mode. Click on the green cricle  and then you can drag the window by the arrows to make smaller.

MikeGondek_0-1621775031620.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you MikeGondek for your answer. 

I didn't find any green circle in the Ai window, as you can see from the screenshot attached. What you see is the Window which shows up when I open a old file. Even if this file very small, Ai takes up all the room in my 27" screen. I would like that, from the opening, Ai takes only a part of the screen, so I can look at another window, say a LaTeX or Word window to copy from. 

P.S. I didn't find the answer button, so I answered to myself. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to enable Application Frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I do not know the name of the Application Frame command in French, but it’s the sixth command in the Window (Fenêtre) menu.

Illustrator Application Frame.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines