• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to remove a section of stroked path without affecting the remaining path width?

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a design composed of stroked paths using slightly edited non-uniform width profiles. I'd like to remove the small section circled in red of the thinner path as it crosses the other path, but without causing any change to the variable width on the rest of the cut path.

Capture.PNG

I tried adding 3 anchor points and deleting the center one to remove this section, but it caused the width profile to recalculate with new end points and change the rest of the width completely. I also tried adding new width nodes around the section before removing it, but that didn't help.

Here's an example of my failed attempt, showing the width of the remaining line change significantly (quickly fattens in both directions from the break)

Capture2.PNG

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Masking or Outline path are some options.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Masking or Outline path are some options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines