• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to remove raster/pixeled edges from png logo image?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2018 Sep 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The designer who sent me my vectorized logo (black & white)... sent it to me in png format. Haven't heard from him in years so I can't get in touch with him. The problem is, I have grey & white pixels along the edges of my logo and text.   even after I removed the white background using pixlr.

I only have AI so how do I remove these edges without effecting the logo? Thanks in advance!!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 03, 2018 Sep 03, 2018

If all you have is a PNG, then your logo is not vectorized.

You will have to draw it manually. Don't use the image trace function.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PNG is a raster format. So of course there will be pixels along the edges of the shape.

You will need to vectorize this. Best quality can only be achieved when vectorizing manually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to vectorize it in illustrator... It makes my logo too thick or cartoony looking. It's already vectorized so if I do it again... It will just make it look like I said... Cartoony.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If all you have is a PNG, then your logo is not vectorized.

You will have to draw it manually. Don't use the image trace function.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Monika. I don't have the experience enough to do so but, I'll try to grayscale it and then add a black color to it, first. If that doesn't work, I'll have to find someone to re create it. I have trees in the original logo so it may be hard to recreate those since I don't know which kind they are.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, what  @Monika is saying is you’ll have to manually recreate the vector, there isn’t a button to magically do this (At least smoothly).

I suspect you may be clicking the ‘live Trace’ function and expecting it to replicate the logo. Though you’re correct that it was probably a vector, once it’s be rasterized as a png/jpeg it’s no longer a vector but a flat image.

If not and your results are still looking cartoony from creating it manually, then this is down to your own ability with the software – if you think you’re not skilled enough to replicate the logo I would recommend hiring a professional to recreate it.

Also, you can play around with the stroke settings here;

Window > Stroke > play with the weight if "to thick"

Request the .Ai file / SVG / eps as well as a png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I understand correctly, it stated as an image, then was autotraced to make a vector logo, that was saved as an image.

Auto tracing it again will not give you good results.

Like Monika suggested; manually vectorizing with the Pen tool and other vector tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines