• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to replace missing links in InDesign Style?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

As far as I using both Adobe InDesign and Adobe Illustrator I really can not understand why the the way of work "Find Missing Links" buttons is so different. Why there is no option "Search for Missing Links in This Folder" for Illustrator? InDesign can manage this since CS2 as far as I remember (maybe even eartlier). But for Illustrator it is a real mess if you got project files from someone else: every link is broken and you need to replace each file separately, one by one!

Maybe there is a way to force illustrator relink missing files that are in the same folder? Or can we expect this checkbox appears in future releases?

Thank you 

TOPICS
Feature request , Import and export , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Like InDesign, you can Package your Illustrator files (File > Package). This is the only way to assure you will not be missing links.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you put your linked files in a folder named Links next to the Illustrator file, Illustrator will look there first when opening the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I know this. But if I don't need to duplicate a hundreds of links or I need to save the structure of files that I have? Literally now I have a file (it is provided by client and was made by other group of designers) that have about two hundreds of missing links. Theese are small files but all located in one folder within provided hierarchy. And I do not want to duplicate them because there are other files that have connection with this links. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Like InDesign, you can Package your Illustrator files (File > Package). This is the only way to assure you will not be missing links.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines