• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to restrict searches to a specific tag?

Engaged ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way in this forum to restrict searches to posts with a specific tag such as SDK? When I search I often get hundreds or even thousands of results, but they're almost all irrelevant. Restricting it to ONLY posts with a given tag would help immensely.

Also, searching for a phrase like "large canvas" returns every result for either word, not the phrase with both words.

😕

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Rick,

Unfortunately, at least so far, there is no restriction by tag; others have asked for it, too.

10 months ago, after the latest forum software switch, the default search initially only gave access to the first 10 search results, and a joint effort to improve it by customization began.

Currently, I use this search version (an empty search, ready to fill in) for this forum, which you can Bookmark and use if you like:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?advanced=true&allow_punctuation=false&filter=location&location=forum-board:illustrator&sort_by=-date&search_type=message&search_page_size=50

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick!
Did you try search using quotation mark "" ?
Ex:  instead using gradient tool, using "gradient tool" ... that way only topics that contain these two words in the titles will be shown.

1.PNG2.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks, the quotes help. It would really help to restrict the search to items with a particular tag (SDK), though. For example, I get 1,000 results for "gradient" and still 1,000 if I add the word "SDK" but I'm certain the list would be much, much smaller -- and actually useful -- for hits only with the SDK tag.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Rick,

Unfortunately, at least so far, there is no restriction by tag; others have asked for it, too.

10 months ago, after the latest forum software switch, the default search initially only gave access to the first 10 search results, and a joint effort to improve it by customization began.

Currently, I use this search version (an empty search, ready to fill in) for this forum, which you can Bookmark and use if you like:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?advanced=true&allow_punctuation=false&f...

It is different from the current default search in that the search is for individual posts (messages) rather than for threads (topics) so you get to all the instances, and it is sorted by Date (newest first) rather than Relevance (uncertain what it actually means) so really old and possibly outdated results go to the bottom (you can tick Date instead of Relevance in the default search each time to get the same).

You can see a bit more in suggestion 4) in this thread (in the Community Feedback forum which is about the way the forums work), which also holds some other suggestions:

Suggestions for easier forum work フォーラムの作業を簡単にするため... - Adobe Support Community - 10772878 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines