• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to separate icons in icon sets

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2021 Jul 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded multiple icon sets to work on in Adobe Illustrator, but when I open up the sets, there is only one layer and the icons are not able to be used individually. I have tried to ungroup them and I have also tried to release any settings that could be affecting the layer. However, since there is only one layer, I have a feeling this is more complicated. How can I use the icons in the image individually? I have googled and searched everywhere for an answer, and I cannot find one—please help! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 17, 2021 Jul 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are probably inside of a clipping mask or even possibly set as one compound path. Do a command Y and you will likely see a mask path outside all of the icon, drag the direct select tool to get the mask then delete.

You can then drag with direct select tool to drag a frame over the icon you want, cut that and paste into a new document is the easiest way though there are many methods.

If you need more help please post a screenshot of the item selected and the appearance palette so we can see what you have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your "editor icons.jpg" shows the file with an Adobe watermark, it looks like all you've done is download the preview, which is NOT editable vector art... you have to BUY a license for the editable icon set...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines