• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to stop illustrator from smoothing scatter brush

New Here ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, I have this problem when I use scatter brush the brushstroke move away  from the original path  forming an approximate shape ,I wish this did not happen.

I have already tried with a brush pattern, in this case the path is recise and constant without tolerance but the shape of the pattern is deformed and I need the pattern to remain unaltered.

Thankyou

Andrea

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

You're welcome.

Thank you for the interesting question.

I would definitely report it as a bug:

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Maybe it can be addressed in some future version.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show the brush shape, the scatter brush options and the result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

brush.jpg

Hello Monika thanks for your reply, i attach an example

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show the scatter brush options. That artwork is definitely not the base artwork.

When I do it, it looks like so:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-05-02 um 21.55.00.png

Bildschirmfoto 2017-05-02 um 21.55.06.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

brush2.jpg

I do not understand the reason but it does not work for me,I also try to attach the illustrator file if I can

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please use either Dropbox, Google Drive or wetransfer instead of these virus riddled fileshare sites.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Monika,thank you these sites are virus free it is strange that antivirus signals you as a virus

Here is the link for gdrive:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0ydtJfWl33BdWpSNjhTb1NMc1E

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I could reproduce it.

The issue lies within the object's size.

Yours is tiny. When I scale down mine, I get the same results. I don't know if this is a bug.

But I couldn't find a way to cheat on Illustrator, so when you make a large brush and then scale it down using the stroke width, you will run into the issue as well. And you also can't cheat with a custom invisible rectangle that is way smaller than needed. WIth both measures it gets slightly better, but it's still there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for finding the problem. I am a cartographer and I often need lines with this symbol to traverse slopes, skips, boundaries and the conventional signs used are small. If someone finds a solution to get around the problem I'm always interested, have a good day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome.

Thank you for the interesting question.

I would definitely report it as a bug:

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Maybe it can be addressed in some future version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Monika, thanks for your attention to this issue! I'm wondering if there was ever a bug / feature request put in for this? I can't find how to even make one other than coming to comment on these threads.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you can't find a post on Uservoice, then create one yourself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I see this thread is more than 2 years old but I have the exact same problem and I'd be very interested in whatever workaround that you would have found.

Did Adobe get back to you with a solution?

And thank you for your clear description of the issue. It is so very specific that I thought I'd never find anything about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines