Highlighted

How to turn off automatic spellcheck

Engaged ,
Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all! I'm sure there's a very simple answer, but I just can't figure it out. I want to turn OFF auto spellcheck so that I don't have the red squiggly line under a lot of words I'm using in my file. I thought I could just go to Edit > Spelling > Auto Spell Check and UNCHECK that choice. But... it won't turn off. I can choose "Check Spelling" and it does... but then it goes right back to auto spellcheck. I'm using Version 25.0 on my iMac. What can I do to make it stop automatically spellchecking? 

Edit>Spelling>Auto Spell Check

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to turn off automatic spellcheck

Engaged ,
Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all! I'm sure there's a very simple answer, but I just can't figure it out. I want to turn OFF auto spellcheck so that I don't have the red squiggly line under a lot of words I'm using in my file. I thought I could just go to Edit > Spelling > Auto Spell Check and UNCHECK that choice. But... it won't turn off. I can choose "Check Spelling" and it does... but then it goes right back to auto spellcheck. I'm using Version 25.0 on my iMac. What can I do to make it stop automatically spellchecking? 

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 17, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 17, 2020 0
Engaged ,
Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks... but that isn't working. It doesn't shut it off... how do I KEEP it off? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 17, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should just be able to click "Auto Spell Check". Turns it on and off. should see a check mark if it's on. No check means it's off. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 17, 2020 0
Engaged ,
Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I should have done this before posting. I restarted Illustrator... and it works like it's supposed to (Edit > Spelling > Auto Spell Check). Thank you! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 17, 2020 0
DRock22 LATEST
Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great! Glad it's working! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 17, 2020 0
Resources