• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to turn off command key shortcut for switching to direct select

New Here ,
May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I updated Illistrator on my Macbook, it now automatically switches my cursor to the direct select when I hold the 'Command' button. But then I can't use the 'Command' button for any other shortcuts, like copy and paste for example. Is there a way to turn off this feature so holding the 'Command' button does NOT switch to direct select? I can't find anything online about how to do so!

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That switching behavior is normal, and does not interfere with the Command key's function in keyboard shortcuts. I do not believe there is a way to stop it.

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi. If you want to use shotcuts while you have pressed the Command key, just press and release the additional letter without releasing the Command key. If that is confusing or annoying to you, just use the V and A shortcuts to activate the Select tool and Direct Selection tool without using the Command key.

Marlon Ceballos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines