• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Huion Delay with Illustrator

Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2019 Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i use the brush tool in illustrator (and also on AfterEffects), there is a bit of a start delay, like it starts drawing only if i move the pen more.. this thing doesnt happen in Photoshop, but only for this too.. I tried to draw with mouse and it works fine. Help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thign with the pen tool

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Make sure the Hunion driver is updated. Also, you can try resetting the Ai preferences.

Marlon Ceballos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the huion driver are updated, resetted ai preferences, nothing changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2019 Jun 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2019 Jun 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Often issues with Huion devices could be solved by installing a Wacom driver on top of the Huion driver. If that doesn't help, contact Huion about the issue. They have to make sure their driver is read for Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same problem with delay in drawing on my Q11K. Deleted all drivers, restarted, installed prelast Driver_14.7.154.586. All works: good presure, no delay in response while drawing a line.

___
Lottie and Rive animation for your web or mobile project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2023 Jul 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been years since this question was asked, but I've been having the same problem and just fixed it!

I went into the app "Huion Tablet" and inside the digital pen tag I disabled the option "using windows ink".

Works like a charm now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 25, 2023 Jul 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows Ink is probably the "feature" I hate the most in the Windows OS. It is such garbage. Microsoft needs to either get rid of it or only bundle it in with their Surface products. I have a Wacom Intuos tablet connected to my big Alienware notebook at home and I have to leave Windows Ink disabled in the tablet properties. That means living without any pressure sensitive functions in the pen. If I want pressure sensitive functions in a pen-like device I'll whip out the Apple iPad Pro and Apple Pencil. At least that's one setup that works properly.

Every once in awhile I'll try enabling Windows Ink in the Wacom tablet properties. It doesn't take more than a couple minutes of computer use to remember why the setting stays turned off 99.99% of the time. When Windows Ink is enabled any click-drag behaviors using the Wacom pen are 100% disabled. Instead, this little animated circle thing happens on the screen and nothing else. Apparently it's supposed to act as some kind of right-click behavior (despite the Wacom pen having two mouse buttons on its side). I often click-drag the pen tip for animated zoom functions in Adobe Illustrator. I have to click-drag the pen tip to move user interface elements such as the little slider buttons for individual CMYK ink colors or opacity levels on a layer in Photoshop. With Windows Ink enabled I cannot click-drag the pen tip to select a string of text. When I try click-dragging the pen tip into the address bar on a web browser I just see this blue tear drop icon and can't do anything with it. It looks like the same blue tear drop text selection thing on my smart phone. And that's the real problem with Windows Ink: some sales people at Microsoft think everyone needs to use their PCs like a stupid phone. It's bad enough I can't select the text in a web browser address bar, but Windows Ink won't even let me move the browser window!

Another "feature" that will make users want to tear out their hair: when you want to start writing a line of text this dopey handwriting window is bound to pop up in the way of your work. It's not very easy to disable this stupid feature. My computer is not an Apple Newton. It has a keyboard attached. I can type text about 10,000 times faster than I can write it by hand. But, no, Microsoft's development team wants to me to write all that stuff by hand and let Windows recognize it. Derpy derpy derp!

Windows Ink been a severely aggravating issue FOR YEARS. Wacom and Microsoft have done nothing about it. I can't understand how they could let such poorly designed, poorly behaving software be released. Any amount of beta testing would expose the problems. Wacom's forums have hundreds of complaints about the aggravating animated circle icon. I have dug deep into Windows' OS settings to try disabling some of the baffling stupid "features" of Windows Ink to allow the Wacom graphics tablet to function normally. NOTHING WORKS!

I've been a PC guy for many years. But when it comes to using a pressure sensitive graphics tablet connected to a traditional desktop computer or notebook I have to strongly recommend NOT using a Windows-based PC for that. A Mac-based system or an iPad with an Apple Pencil is a vastly superior alternative, at least in this specific category.

I've repeated this complaint about Windows Ink and how it ruins the functions of graphic tablets a few other times in this forum, and I'll probably continue repeating it further in other places as well. The growing number of complaints are easily visible in web searches about Windows Ink and graphics tablets. Hopefully the software developers involved in this very stupid, on-going situation will wake up and notice the large number of complaints and finally fix the freaking problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2024 Apr 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THANK YOU!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines